Monday, April 16, 2018

Mid-April Update

Oh crap! This past Thursday I could see the grass on the golf course from my office window and we were probably only one week away from the course opening and then the weekend storm happened. Now I can't even see the course due to the snow piles in front of my house. Hopefully none of our members or their families were among the more than 1200 traffic incidents this weekend.

I suspect our Spring Opener is in jeopardy (understatement of the year). I have moved the registration deadline to Wednesday the 25th just in case the weather gets a lot better this week but I'm not betting on it. I will not charge any credit cards until I can confirm we are a go so don't worry about canceling before the deadline. If we get clearance to play last minute I will give you another opportunity to opt out if you don't want to play for lack of practice time. If we have to postpone I will work with Pebble Creek to find another date for the event later in May or in June. We aren't the only Tour having spring weather issues. Many Tours have had to cancel events or to endure really bad weather.

GOOD NEWS (or salt in the wound)! This years trophies were just delivered. Who's gonna get their hands on these?



There are few spots left for the Blackwolf Run major, May 19-20. Registration deadline is May 6 but should sell out before month end. The Friday before event at Whistling Straits Irish course is full.

Some of our members are a leg up on those of us stuck here. Way to represent MN!
  • Steve Oborn finished 4th in Snead flight at Dubsdread Golf course in Dunedin, FL
  • Joe Kontak placed T5 in Championship flight at the Chambers Bay Preview in WA. His first tournament.
  • Alex Helin, also in his first event, placed 7th in Palmer at Chambers Bay
  • Robert Gardner continues to bask in the AZ sun. He finished T2 with a 77 in Hogan flight at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes after a 3 way playoff. 
  • Dan Barrett took full advantage of his time in AZ with a WIN at the Palm Valley Classic shooting a fine 74 in Sr. Hogan
Let's hope the Wed. and Sat. storms come as rain. 
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment